Our Pro-Expose™ Protein Detection Test Kit is a simple check designed to detect residual proteins on instrument and equipment surfaces, inside channels of rigid and flexible endoscopes and other potentially contaminated lumen instruments by means of a colour change in the test solution.
This protein test utilises a simple dye-binding method for protein detection that results in a clear colour change when protein is present. The solution is a brown to brown-red colour when no protein is present; the solution turns to a blue color when a protein is present. The test yields semi-quantitative results: the higher the concentration of protein present in the solution, the darker and more saturated blue colour appears in the test vials. The test is sensitive to 1μg of protein, yields results within 5 seconds at room temperature, and does not require incubation.
In addition to yielding fast results with great sensitivity, this protein test is easy to perform. The user can moisturize the swab with de-ionized water. After swabbing your instrument, equipment, endoscope or other lumen, remove the swab, swirl it in the reagent solution for 5 seconds, observe for any colour change. Test performance can be verified with enclosed positive control strips containing proteins.
Pro-Expose Protein Test Short
- Short swab holder version – for collection of material from flat surfaces, small cavities, hinges and non-lumen instruments.
- For better assurance instruments to be tested for residual proteins after every wash cycle, preferably when surfaces are still wet.
- No incubation time (color change is visible within 5 sec at room temperature)
- Easy to interpret color change
Pro-Expose Protein Test Long lumen/endoscope protein detection test
- For testing endoscope channels or other lumen instruments after reprocessing
- Available swab diameters: 1.9 mm, 2.8 mm, 3.7 mm
- Length: 2.5 meters
- Result: in 5 seconds, no incubation is needed
Conformance – AAMI/ST79, ISO 15883, HTM2030