Virudet® 12 is a powerful acidic cleaning concentrate for use in manual pre-soaks, washer disinfectors, ultrasonic baths and other automated decontamination systems. It is an acidic cleaning concentrate for medical and ward instruments made of stainless steel.
It can be used for the removal of annealing colours, water spots, transferred/initial rust and encrustations. It is based on acids and surfactants and effectively removes inorganic contamination and coatings like annealing colours (silicate coating shining in various colours), spots from water with high salt content, transferred/initial rust resulting from contact corrosion e.g. contact with brass parts, plaster residues on plaster scissors and encrusted brownish organic residues. Virudet® 12 finds particular use in overcoming process inadequacies that may arise from poor water quality, insufficient cleaning, usage of unsuitable cleaning products and disinfectants, processing errors or poor vapour quality in the sterilizer.
Where surface changes such as described above appear on instrument surfaces, the whole process must be checked. The instruments concerned should be treated with Virudet® 12, either in an ultrasonic or in a soaking bath. Brand-new instruments should go through an initial reprocessing cycle, before they are used for the first time. Despite this pre-treatment, instruments made from minor steel qualities may show an irreversible greyish-black colouring after the first sterilization. By treating such instruments with Virudet® 12 prior to the first reprocessing cycle, this discolouring can be prevented. Virudet® 12 can also be used for removing silicate coatings during processing of parts in washing machines.
• Powerful acidic detergent cleaner suitable for removal of contaminants from stainless steel instruments.
• Uses a blend of inorganic acids and surfactant compounds.
• Removes corrosion from instrument surfaces.
• Removes scale deposits in washer/disinfector equipment.
• Removes silicate coatings shining in various colours (annealing colours).
• Removes spots resulting from water with high salt content.
• Removes initial rust resulting from contact corrosion, e.g. contact with brass parts during processing and from transfer red rust.
• Removes plaster residues on plaster scissors.
• Removes encrusted brownish organic residues.